The oat, scientifically known as Avena sativa is a species of cereal grain, grown for its seed from the whole grain. When it comes to weight loss, simply cutting down the food you eat is not enough. These 5 Oatmeal recipes for weight loss provided in this article help you in achieving your goals.
You should be smart enough to reduce the calorie intake with a nutrient-rich meal. That is where oatmeal comes in to play. Oatmeal is the perfect meal recipe to start your day. The Health benefits of oats made it to consider the healthiest part of the diet around the globe.
This article discusses all the health benefits of oats and oatmeal recipes for weight loss.
Health Benefits Of Oats:
- The Health benefits of oats are many. Oats are naturally gluten-free, low in saturated fat and cholesterol, and a good source of fiber, thiamin, magnesium, phosphorus and manganese, and some other vitamins and minerals.
- The soluble fiber, Beta Glucan in oats can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by lowering cholesterol levels.
- Oats are rich in antioxidants like Avenanthramides.
- Due to its high fiber content, oatmeal is very filling and may alter your weight goal process.
- Oats have proven health benefits on your skin as well.
- Oats are high in fiber and may help relieve constipation in the elderly.
5 Oatmeal Recipes For Weight Loss:
Here are the 5 best oatmeal recipes for weight loss.
Recipe #1 Peanut butter overnight oats:
- 1/2 cup oats (usually 40 grams)
- 250ML low-fat milk (I like to make these with cow milk)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds, optional
- A jar with a lid.
Add in the dry ingredients – oats and chia seeds to the jar first. Pour 250ml low-fat milk in the jar, then add the peanut butter and honey into it. The fats you get from peanut butter are healthy fats. Mix the ingredients until the peanut butter has been evenly added to the oat mixture without forming lumps.
Make sure all of the oats and other ingredients are submerged in the milk. Seal the jar with the lid, and place it in the refrigerator for at least 10 to 12 hours. The next morning, sprinkle in the desired fruit and Enjoy!
A serve contains: 430 calories, 18 grams protein, 14 grams healthy fats, 60 grams carbs, 7 grams fiber.
Recipe #2 Apple Pie Oatmeal:
- 1 cup of steel-cut oats.
- 300ML cow’s milk or almond milk.
- 1 thinly sliced apple.
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (optional)
Heat almond milk or cow’s milk in a pan, then add oats, cinnamon, and maple syrup (optional) into it. Heat it on a low flame until most of the milk is absorbed (stir accordingly). Once all the milk is absorbed, remove and top up with sliced apple pieces and serve. Enjoy!
A serve contains: 420 calories, 17 grams protein, 7 grams fats, 75 grams carbs, 14 grams fiber.
Recipe #3 Banana and butter oatmeal:
- 1 cup oats.
- 2 cups of water.
- 1 banana (thinly sliced).
- 2 tablespoons butter (Almond or Peanut).
- 2 teaspoons honey
In a medium saucepan, combine the water and oats, heat on low flame until most of the water is absorbed. Add in 1/2 of the banana slices and the butter (Almond or Peanut), mix and let the oatmeal soak up the rest of the liquid. Serve the oatmeal in a bowl, and top with the remaining banana slices and honey. Enjoy!
A serve contains: 430 calories, 12 grams protein, 20 grams fats, 50 grams carbs, 9 grams fiber.
Recipe #4 Apple cinnamon oatmeal:
- 40 grams oats.
- 1 medium apple (sliced).
- 250ML low-fat milk.
- 15 grams almonds or walnuts.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
Boil 250 ml of milk, add in 40 grams oats and cinnamon, reduce the flame, and stir often until it thickens. Add 20 grams of almond flakes or walnut pieces and top with apples to make it healthier and tastier.
A serve contains: 442 calories, 17.4 grams protein, 13.7 grams fats, 63 grams carbs, 12.4 grams fiber.
Recipe #5 Chocolate oatmeal:
- 250ML low-fat milk.
- 40 grams oats.
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- 2 tablespoons Hershey’s chocolate syrup.
In a bowl combine the milk, oats, vanilla extract, cocoa powder. Heat it on a low flame until the mixture becomes thick. Serve in a bowl. Top with chocolate syrup and Enjoy!
A serve contains: 452 calories, 18.1 grams calories, 7.5 grams fats, 72.8 grams carbs, 9.6 grams fiber.
Tips To Lose Weight:
- For optimal results, consult your dietician and discuss your past medical condition.
- Do not go for too few calories in a meal.
- Drink a lot of water throughout the day (at least 1 liter per 20 kgs of your body weight).
- Avoid having empty calories like alcohol.
- Sleep at least 7-8 hours each day.
The oatmeal recipes for weight loss are provided in this article and healthy, very low-calorie food, easy to prepare with the easily available ingredients irrespective of your location. If you haven’t tried these recipes yet, give them a try. The Health benefits of oats are many. Oatmeal can help you lose weight.