Benefits Of Drinking Water: Firstly, It’s usual to hear that water is essential for your health. But why? Did you know, water makes up a majority of your body weight, around 60 percent of the body is made up of water and our blood is 90 percent water. Around 70 percent of the plant’s surface is covered by water.
Health Benefits Of Drinking Water
1. Water eases the joints:
It is found that joints and the disks of the spine contain around 80% water. Water lubricates the joints. If you do not drink enough water, over time, joints’ shock-absorbing ability reduces and that leads to joint pains.
2. Water helps maximize the physical performance:
Water is particularly important during intense exercise to replace fluids lost in sweat. Drinking water between Workouts will reduce the risk of heat stress, maintain normal muscle function, and prevent performance decreases due to dehydration.
3. Drinking water regulates the body temperature:
Drinking plenty of water is very important to maintain your body temperature. Your body loses water in the form of sweat during any vigorous exercise or in a hot environment. This sweat cools and maintains body temperature. And the body temperature rises if you don’t replenish the water you lose.
4. Drinking plenty of water prevents constipation:
Eating fiber-rich foods is not the only option to prevent constipation. It is very important to maintain a good water intake for your bowel movements.
Drinking plenty of water can ease the symptoms of constipation. And drinking water also aids in digestion.
5. Water may help treat kidney stones:
Kidney stones are generally mineral crystals that form in the kidneys. Higher fluid intake increases the frequency of urine passing through the kidneys. And this urine dilutes the concentration of minerals, so they’re less likely to form lumps.
6. Drinking more water prevents hangovers:
The unpleasant symptoms experienced the next day after drinking alcohol refers to a hangover. Alcohol is a diuretic, sometimes called water pills. So it makes you lose more water from the body than you take in. Good ways to reduce hangovers are to drink at least 2 big glasses of water before sleep.
7. Water improves blood oxygen circulation:
Water carries nutrients all over the body. As a result, Drinking enough water will improve your blood oxygen circulation and have a positive impact on your overall health.
8. Drinking enough water helps you lose weight:
Drinking enough water can boost your metabolic rate and eventually it promotes weight loss. The number of calories you burn on a daily basis increases with an increase in metabolic rate. A study conducted on 50 overweight women, in 2013 proved that drinking more water while dieting and exercising may just help you lose extra pounds.
Points To Be Noted:
- There is no limit on water intake. Generally, It is recommended to drink at least 3-5 liters of water a day.
- Some studies show that a person should drink 1 liter per 20kg bodyweight. I.e., A 60 kg person should drink a minimum of 3 liters per day.
- It is very important to drink water between Workouts to avoid dehydration.
- Feeling thirsty indicates that your body is not receiving adequate water.
- Urine that is dark or colored indicates dehydration and Pale or non-colored urine typically indicates proper hydration.
- The timing is important too. Drinking water 30 minutes before meals are most effective.
- You should never hurry in drinking water.
- Sip water slowly than guzzling it down at once.
- You might have heard somewhere that you should drink water while sitting, that doesn’t mean you cannot drink water while standing. The whole idea behind this is sitting down keeps them relaxed and allows the body to absorb the fluid at a much better place.
- Either stand or sit, you should sip water slowly.
I hope this article(Benefits of drinking water) is helpful for you.
Get in touch: Instagram.